Meet Bevin Cohen
Bevin Cohen (Ben) is an award winning author, herbalist, owner of Small House Farm and host of the popular Seeds & Weeds podcast. He lives and works at Small House Farm with his wife, Heather, and two sons, Elijah and Anakin, on their family homestead in Sanford, Michigan. He offers workshops and lectures across the country on the benefits of living closer to the land through seeds, herbs, and locally grown food.
Bevin is a food and garden writer whose work has appeared in numerous publications including Mother Earth News, Modern Farmer Magazine, and The Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation. He’s the author or editor of more than ten books, including Saving Our Seeds and The Artisan Herbalist.
The Cohen family grows seed crops, herbs and flowers and also keeps a small flock of laying hens. Bevin is also the founder of Michigan Seed Library, a community seed sharing initiative that has worked closely with a number of communities to help establish seed library programs across his home state and beyond.
Phone (989) 708-0549
- Published 5 books with more coming!
- Author & Journalist for online and print magazines
Gardener / Seed Saving Enthusiast
- Grows a beautiful herb and vegetable garden
- Saves seeds from heirloom and unique varieties for sharing to the communit
- Given hundreds of lectures at many notable conferences, festivals, seminars and events
- Loves to share his love of gardening and herbalism through story telling and education